Monday, June 15, 2009

A couple of random photos




























Some random photos ' the roses ' in relief, my bedroom chandelier ' first casa.
The star ....this is in the Capitol Building and all distances in Cuba are measured from this point.












Just a couple of random photos. The tiles are from the bathroom in my first casa particulares. The detail here was just superb.




Casas are an excellent way to experience life with the locals but still as a ¨turista¨(tourist). In each place I have had aircon, en suite and in some cases a balcony for my exclusive use. They are all fantastic hosts and very proud to have visitors. I love it. Of course, one gives up a little freedom....but not much.




By the way....I´m in Trinidad now and loving it. I planned to stay for three nights but have just extended it to five. Tomorrow I´m off on a steam train journey into whats promoted as a very pretty trip.




Hopefully will have an update and some photos (of Trinidad) from this very historic and picturesque town of around 55,000 residents and the train trip.

No comments: