Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Am I Slumming it?


Am I Slumming?

Here are a couple of photos of the hotel I stayed at (twice) in Phnom Penh. This is the Sokha Heng Guest House and at $20 per night it is a bargain. I’ve had emails from several people asking about the standard of accommodation and hoping I’m not staying in “grot boxes!”.
This hotel is new and it’s very quiet and in a great location. It’s just across the road from the National Museum and not far from the Royal Palace so it’s ideal for me because I love to walk places. Mind you, after the first day, because of the heat, I decided to take a tuk tuk, regardless of how far I was going.
Located in Street 178, this is also is also referred to as “Art Street” due to the proliferation of art galleries, carving studios and silk retailers. The Mekong River is lined with riverfront bars and restaurants are also very close. A couple of my very favourite cafes (B3 and CafĂ© Fresco) are within 50 metres of my hotel.

No comments: