Monday, March 9, 2009

I arrived in Sydney with one red suitcase (full of clothes) and, in my backpack, my camera and laptop. I've been working here just over six months now.... I now own (in Australia) the following:


  • a work wardrobe for both summer and winter,
  • an iron....

  • several pair of shoes

  • and a beaut leather (yellow) couch! How well will this pack?

  • I've also added several pillows (well its difficult to get one that suits and besides, they look good piled up on my bed!),

  • an assortment of cutlery, crockery, vases, candles

  • and I've added a slow cooker to my possessions. etc etc

Ouch! How did that happen?


The truth is that the longer I spend here, the more I surround myself with a few nice things so that I am comfortable.



My employer's have asked me back after my next trip, so it seems as though I will be in Sydney awhile. That's my excuse for buying a few things.

But, in May I leave and during this trip I will be sailing in New Caledonia, then traveling around Cuba, Mexico and NZ.

Besides....I'm still thoroughly enjoying the travel (and planning it), life and my work so why not?



A few weekends back I had a lovely trip to Canberra with a friend. The trip via the small towns of was most interesting and the company excellent.



In a few weeks time I have another of my friends from NZ to visit while on business and I'll enjoy a catch up. Then over Easter another friend will visit for a few days. Together we'll explore more of this wonderful city and perhaps take a rental car (I haven't succumbed to a car purchase yet) up the coast for more sights.

I just love it......

No comments: