Sunday, May 18, 2008

Patchwork Face


Patchwork Face

I was in Hoi An and after a couple of lovely days in this fabulous town of tailors (which I made excellent use of too), I tripped and fell. I have multiple facial abrasions, black eye, stitches in a few places and a broken nose.
For a variety of reasons it was decided I should be sent via air ambulance from Hoi An to Saigon - or Ho Chi Minh City for further treatment and a cat scan. It was all very dramatic. Thankfully the scans shown no skull fracture.
I am spending the majority of my time in a hotel close to the very good clinic where I need to go each day for dressings and to be checked.
I'm doing OK. My wounds are healing well and although I am still extremely tired, swollen and must rest, my spirits are excellent.
I have many articles I'd written days (or should that be weeks ago) ready for a little further polish before adding them to my website and depending upon the energy levels I may be able to put them on. They are starting to mount up actually - Stunning Halong Bay, Surprising Ninh Binh, Hue - which would have to be the hassle capital of Vietnam and of course laid back Hoi An where I've left behind clothes at a couple of tailors.
I am very disappointed that my time there was shortened as I planned to stay there for several more days. And I missed seeing the ancient ruins of the Kingdom of Champa - My Son which is very disappointing.

As the articles are nearly ready, I might find the energy to post some......maybe......Keep looking.
Photo: the plane I was taken on from Danang to Saigon (Just two crew, two medical staff and me strapped in a stretcher (and hooked up to oxygen) on the floor!

No comments: